Benchmarking - Emergency response and first aid

I would be interested to find out what payment you make for employees trained in emergency response (trauma first aid) and first aid. Or if someone can direct me to some useful data on the web - Thanks in advance Lynn

• If your work is low-risk, such as desk-based work and you work in your own home, you don't need any first aid equipment beyond normal domestic needs.

If your work involves lots of driving, you may want to keep a first aid kit in your vehicle.

If you're self-employed and based in a co-working space (shared workspace with other self-employed or employed workers) you're legally responsible for your own first aid provision. However, you can make joint arrangements with the other occupiers. Usually, in a written agreement, one employer takes responsibility for first aid for all workers on the premises.

• i have seen two types. One is expense claim for any soiled clothes etc, the other is regulwr small payment (i think £10 every month ish). For desk-based, low-risk jobs i think 10 quid a month is a bit much in my opinion. But expense claim wouldn't do justice either as their clothes could be soiled but can be washed specially at home, which technically is an extra cost but difficult to claim.
  • We pay £8 per month for either FAW (First Aid At Work) or EFAW (Emergency First Aid At Work).