Annual leave /bank holiday entitlement and last day of employment

Hello,

I work for an organisation for which annual leave/bank holiday entitlements are:

Full-time (5 days - 37.5 hours x 52 weeks): 25 days per year (187.5 hours)

Bank holiday full-time per year: 8 days (60 hours)

An employee is working 22.5 hours (3 days a week - Mon/Tue/Thu) x 52 and has taken 45 hours holiday in 2024.

The employee's last day of employment is on 08/08/2024

When calculating the final salary, the employee is deducted 1 Friday bank holiday as they did not work on that day.

In my calculations, they keep that day as it should be given to them in lieu so they are not discriminated against.

Could you let me know how you calculate final salaries including outstanding bank holidays and annual leave entitlements?

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Patricia

• Is your holiday year 1 Jan - 31 Dec? If so, this is how we would do it:
    Annual Leave entitlement for whole year = 25 days (187.5hrs) x 0.6 (due to working 3 days/wk) = 15 days (112.5hrs)
    Bank holiday entitlement for the year = 8 x 0.6 = 4.8 days (36hrs). In 2024, 6 bank holidays (45hrs) fall on days the employee is contracted to work (5 Mondays and 1 Thursday), so if employed the whole year, a deduction of 1.2 days (9hrs) would be deducted from annual entitlement.

At 8/8/24
    Holiday entitlement accrued = 15/52 x 32 (week number that finish date falls in) = 9.2 days (69hrs). Therefore if 45hrs holiday has already been taken, that leaves 24hrs to be paid in lieu.
    Re Bank holidays - 4 bank holidays occurred on a day which the employee is contracted to work so they have had the benefit and as such I don't think anything else would be due on that front - but happy to be corrected on that.

Hope that helps!