Conducting Right to Work Check

Hello all,

I understand this may not be the right place for this question. I read on the home office document that the date on which the right to work document was checked has to be mentioned on the document. I have moved to an organization recently. They didn't have all the RTW documents in place. I have collected them now. We use BreatheHR to create and maintain personnel files and store documents. I have uploaded ID document onto that and entered the date it was checked. So the date is available on the system. However, I have not written the date on the document by hand before uploading it. On the home office document I read that either the date can be entered manually or can be digital. So am I compliant in the way I am doing it? Or is it necessary to put the date on the document and then upload it?

Thanks in Advance.

Vinutha Bhat

• You have an ( electronically) dated document. I think you are fine.

• In reply to Keith:

Thanks Keith. I don't understand something - the home office guidance says the documents should be dated in such a way that it can't be edited and put a different date.... This really confuses me - whether the date is entered manually or electronically, we would be able to edit it. Would you know what this actually means?
  • In reply to Vinutha Bhat:

For electronic documents, this means that the document is protected in sucjh a way that it can never be modified.
    For paper documents it means that you should put in place security procedures which mean that the document cannot be changed (perhaps a second copy somewhere else, so that they can be compared...)