Another Message Error?

Don't know if this is related to last week's welcome message, but i've just received one encouraging me to JOIN the communities forum. I know i'm not the most prolific of contributors (Robey!), but I have been here over 10 years.

• I've had one of those too. It's most kind of the CIPD to think of me. :)
  • I have also received one.
    Just another system 'glitch'?
  • I think it's just that it's very difficult to identify regular contributors out of a list of all CIPD members - I suspect that the information is held on different platforms in different formats, so trying to match it up would be a very time consuming process. ;-) The value in having the ability to reach all CIPD members quickly and easily to promote the Communities probably outweighs the fact that some of us will look at the email and go 'huh?'
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

11 Apr, 2019 08:30

In reply to Jacqueline:

You are correct, Jackie. It would be easier if this Community was 'standalone' but it is integrated with various databases (which e.g. pull in membership level).
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

11 Apr, 2019 12:22

Hi Eric, the email you received was unrelated to last week's welcome message email (think we all know about that one and an apology was issued  )

This particular one was sent as part of a series promoting and highlighting key member services. The CIPD community is (for some) a bit of a hidden gem that some members have yet to discover! We've been doing our best to raise its profile and signpost the benefits of using it effectively as once discovered, many members tell us they find this community incredibly useful and reassuring to know it's there etc. 

You raise a good point that we could have adapted and tailored the messaging according to what we know about individual member use of the community. Normally our marketing messages would be tailored as these are generally more effective (and useful for the recipient.) On this occasion it was a more overarching message and on reflection, and for any future emails about the community services we'd put more emphasis into acknowledging existing users, based on the data that we have access to. Thanks for the feedback!

Johanna (Social Media & Community Manager.)