Not seeing all the pages since the upgrade

Hi Steve,

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same problem but whenever a discussion goes over 2 pages I cant seem to see all the pages.

Eg, the Caption Competition is now 3 pages, I can see page 1, I then click on next for page 2 and it shows me page 3.  No matter what I click - going backwards or forwards, using the arrows or the page numbers it will not let me see page2.

I had a similar thing just after the upgrade - one the of the discussions was over 2 pages and it would only show me page 1.  I thought it was just a little quirk of that thread because it had started before the upgrade and continued after.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thanks

• I am having the same problem - it shows page 3 when clicking on page 2 and page 3.
  • In reply to Jane Huey:

Me too @Steve Bridger (and BTW the tagging has gone again!) I suspect the pagination has gone awry once more...
    As Gilbert and Sullivan almost wrote "A moderator's lot is not a happy one"
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

13 Dec, 2018 12:04

Thanks for reporting this Jeny - you are right that since the software upgrade we've been experiencing several technical oddities which we have people working on as we speak. Occasionally the community (and blogs which sit on same platform) go down altogether. I'm not going to jinx it by saying that seems to have stopped for now! Thanks for your patience as we sort this out. Steve's off for a lie down! 

• Same issue too. Appears to be weird bugs though as some 2 page conversations work fine. 3 pages or more and it seems to be odd.
  • Yes, I've had this problem.

I get 'access denied' on all the private forums, and I can't see all the pages on multiple page threads.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

14 Dec, 2018 12:03

In reply to Lizzie:

Hi Lizzie, have reported this one and added it to our issues log - with your active membership status and website login you should be able to get into the member-only groups. Thanks for your patience...

• I'm also getting strange results when I try to move around multi-page threads. On a 3-page thread, I could only access pages 1 and 3 although I know a page 2 exists as its a thread I've been following.
  • In reply to Johanna:

I'm getting "proxy server error" more times than not when I try to view a thread. Am having to refresh forum pages 3 or 4 times to get them to load and again to reply (including retyping / cut and pasting the message I wanted to send).

It's rather infuriating.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

14 Dec, 2018 14:21

In reply to Elizabeth Divver:

...this pagination issue, (I'm reliably informed) has been fixed now Elizabeth. Please refresh your page and have another go.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

14 Dec, 2018 14:27

In reply to Lesley:

Sounds it Lesley, just sounding out IT colleagues on this one.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

14 Dec, 2018 14:28

In reply to Lizzie:

Think this is fixed for you now Lizzie?
  • In reply to Johanna:

Hi Johanna, yes, thank you!
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

14 Dec, 2018 16:23

In reply to Lesley:

Hi Lesley
    It would also be good to know what your setup is. What device and browser are you using to access the community please?
    And also, a screenshot of the proxy server error message would be really useful. You can email that to Steve :)
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

14 Dec, 2018 16:30

In reply to Johanna:

Yes... I'll see what I can do. By the way... this is a temporary profile as I have been 'locked out' of the Community (I know!).

I have not been replaced by a robot.

• In reply to Steve Bridger:

Classic!  Id write down your password next time Joy