Intranet thoughts?

Hi all,

Our Company has recently invested in a new Intranet package. I was wondering what type of content other than the usual HR content like holiday/sickness/expenses/policies etc, that you have on your own company intranet? I was thinking about ideas around what input HR could have on a staff newsletter, other HR articles etc. Any thoughts and ideas shared would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Dom

• Any information to which anyone could or should need access:

Approved templates for things like letterheads or risk assessments
    Insurance policy documents
    Registers of useful information, such as a company directory or a list of who drives what vehicle
    Statutory notices on issues like H&S, GDPR and anything industry specific

However, before populating a company Intranet, I would strongly encourage you to decide in advance who - by appointment, not name - is responsible for the content of each section and sub-section.

Who is allowed to add new material? Who is allowed to delete old material?

Also, you would do well to have a clear, agreed naming convention for all documents and files so that people can see at a glance what a file or folder is, when it was created and who is responsible for it.

I'm currently beginning the process of tidying a shared Intranet system for my third company in a row and I find folders like "Katie's Files" (we have no employee called Katie), or fifteen different folders called "Risk Assessments" with no clue as to which contains actual, current RAs and which contains old ones.

Naturally, the folder called "HR" is beautifully organized and laid out.
  • In reply to Robey:

Thanks for your thoughts Robey. It's similar here as its already in place but the information is all over the place and needs some tidying up too.

Dom