PM Daily

Hi

Has anyone else's PM Daily e-mails suddenly stopped? I realised the other day that I hadn't seen one for a while and when I checked, the last one I got was 15 June.

• I noticed the same thing yesterday.
  • Mine stopped 15 June too.
  • Im still getting them - got one today.
  • In reply to Kelly Hodkinson:

Mine seem to be going to my personal email rather than my work email
  • Chris

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

27 Jun, 2018 11:17

Hello,

I'm really sorry about this, as well as every other business we've had to make changes to how we handle data to comply with GDPR. We've been through a huge exercise of exporting newsletter data from our email platform to our customer database to allow customers and members to manage their preferences in a new preference centre - www.cipd.co.uk/.../communicationpreferences

Unsubscribes are now managed at an individual level rather than an email level, so if you were subscribed to the newsletter on one email address, unsubscribed, then subscribed using a different email address, the way we imported the data would have been to not include you as a subscriber on the PM Daily. Obviously we've missed a trick there, and we're currently working through the data to identify those people, though we still need to think through how we handle re-subscribing those people. We're also triple-checking recipients prior to the 15 June and post to work through any other scenarios where we have removed people from the list.

It's going to take us another week or so to work through these issues, if you'd like to receive the PM Daily (or any of our other newsletters) and manage your preferences you can subscribe in the preference centre - www.cipd.co.uk/.../communicationpreferences - you'll then receive the newsletter in the next day's send.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Chris
    Senior Business Manager - Data and Platforms
    CIPD
  • Chris

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

27 Jun, 2018 11:30

In reply to Wayne:

Hello Wayne, we're now sending all our emails based on what customers have selected as their preferred email in the my profile area. At the moment we have your home email address as preferred, if you'd like to change it you can do so in my profile - www.cipd.co.uk/.../
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

27 Jun, 2018 11:41

In reply to Chris:

Thanks, Chris.
  • In reply to Chris:

Thanks - I've switched it over. Strange as I had been getting everything to my work email until recently