What level of CIPD would be best for me?

Hi All,

I am new to the community and I really hope someone can offer me some guidance. Apologies if similar question came up before...I am looking for some advice on what CIPD level would be best for me. I am debating between level 3 and 5 Diploma in HR. 

I have 2.1. Hons degree in Business Management with Law where I covered few topics in HR. Also, I have been working in HR for just over 3 years, currently as a Coordinator and previously as an Administrator. I think that I have a general knowledge on the HR processes but I know that I do not have enough experience in order to progress to an Officer/Advisor role. 

If anyone could share with me some thoughts I would really appreciate it! 

Thank you for reading my post! 

Kind regards, 

Marta 

• Given the subject matter of your degree and your three years experience I would say probably level 5 would be the place to start. Level 3 wouldn't do any harm but may well cover a range of things you were already familiar with
  • I agree with Keith, considering your experience in HR I would say you would benefit more from a Level 5.

I completed the Level 3 before going into HR. It was beneficial then, but I wouldn't say it would add much I didn't already know now that I have been working in HR for more than a couple of years.

Whatever you decide, best of luck with it!
  • Marta, everyone learns differently but I thought I would share my experience with you as I was in the same boat last year!

I have been working in HR for six years come July; I started off as a Modern Apprentice straight out of school. In those 6 years I completed SVQ Level's 2 & 3 and a HR Management HNC unit, with a lot of on the job learning.

Last year, I decided to go for the Level 5 Diploma and I'm really glad I did, I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's very challenging as I hadn't studied something this large or advanced, but I have already gained great depths of knowledge which I have been able to transfer to the workplace.

Hopefully this helps and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Rebecca
  • In reply to Keith:

Thank you Keith for your advice!
  • In reply to Marta:

Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate your posts!

Marta
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

25 Jun, 2018 14:47

In reply to Marta:

Welcome to the Community, Marta.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

And Rebecca :-)