HR Software: People HR vs Cascade Go (former Octopus)

Dear all,

I am currently in the final stage of our HR software search and weighing up People HR against Cascade Go for a SME, 65 employees, knowledge intensive workforce. It is so important to get the right software to be used and accepted amongst our employees and managers making the most of it and finding it easy to use. I think we in HR could use either.

People HR is currently winning in terms of their competitive pricing strategy and the many extras (like recruitment) that are included. But are they really good enough or just 'cheap and cheerful'?

I  would greatly value your shared experience before we make a decision.

Many thanks,

Michaela

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Aug, 2017 18:15

Hi Michaela,

Many many threads discussing the merits of HR software, e.g.

www2.cipd.co.uk/.../58297

• Hi Michaela,

I implemented PeopleHR into our growing SME almost two years ago and I couldn't be happier. We first started using it for our UK staff, but have since expanded it's usage to our US and European employees. We currently have 100 employees on the system and due to it being so user friendly and with the ability to customise to our business individual needs, it is used daily by all staff.

The phone app is great for keeping in touch with our field based sales staff, as it allows them to access company information, book holidays, add in their expanses on the go and have recorded chat conversations with their line managers.

The system is continually improving and they genuinely seem to take note of requested update functions from administrators on future improvements.

I'm not sure if you've already trialed the system, but i received a 30 day free trial, which allowed me to upload dummy employees and test the system to see if it would suit our business needs.

I hope this helps.
  • In reply to Sarah Mackie:

Thank you so much, Sarah, for sharing this positive experience. Much appreciated. Best wishes, Michaela
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Thanks, Steve. Unfortunately the link doesn't work but I will do another search to see if I can find anything on Cascade Go. So far I haven't. Best wishes, Michaela
  • Hi Michaela

If you are still looking for independent reviews you may find sites like Capterra www.capterra.com/.../ helpful. They a bit like the TripAdvisor of the software world, although they do cover the US vendors too, so you may want to focus your search on just those systems you've short listed.

I believe that CascadeGo is the Octopus HR system rebadged post acquisition of the company by IRIS.

Good luck with your project.

Kind regards
    Sue
  • In reply to Cezanne HR:

May be a bit late but we have just signed up to Cascade Go, as it was recommended to us (as Octopus) including by various new joiners. So far, so good! (c.90 staff in total)