Private Medical Insurance

Hi there,

I hope it is okay to start a new discussion here about Private Medical Insurance because a previous thread is over 3 years old.

We are considering facilitating Private Medical Insurance however as yet undecided how much we will subsidise it.

Our average age of our workforce is 30 years old and we'll carry out either an employee survey on some of the benefits offered or alternatively gather a focus group together to discuss it.

I'd like to hear off others who offer PMI and if and how much you subsidise the policy.  I am mindful of the BIK implications for the employees and because we also offer other benefits that attract BIK, I just wonder if it is going to be viewed as valuable benefit.

Any other comments or guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Clare

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

23 Aug, 2017 17:49

"I hope it is okay to start a new discussion here about Private Medical Insurance because a previous thread is over 3 years old."

That's fine, Clare.

I found this one relating to removing such a benefit and a few others referring to overseas staff, but no - this question doesn't come up that frequently.

Something to think about might be how such a benefit might extend to part-time employees and / or job-shares.