ASHE request for employee information

Hi all,

I have received a letter and form from The Office of National Statistics who are conducting the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) 2017, requesting detailed information on one of our ex-employees. I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of this as I haven't seen it before. It says I am legally bound to submit the form but as it has come out of the blue I wanted to check that this seemed to be the norm.

Any other experiences of this would be great to hear about.

thanks
Beth

• Why would the ONS be interested in one person and more specifically an ex employee. Have you confirmed the information is really from the ONS, was this a letter, email or phone call?
  • The ONS carries out an annual survey based on 1% of the working population. The form is for all your employees with an NI number ending in the numbers 14 (from memory). I have worked in organisations with no employees with 14; an organisation that have 12 of them; and my current organisation has only 2
  • In reply to Judy Williams:

Hi Judy,

Thanks for replying. That's really useful. Yes, the NI number does end in 14. I think it is just coincidence that this employee happens to have just left us.
    Thanks again