Requisition Codes

Hi all, Looking for tips and practical experience. What do your recruitment requisition codes consist of and how do you use these to report on retention for specific posts? We are currently implementing a new piece of software along with our ATS (Workable Hiring Plan) and are hoping to make the most out of the data. Many thanks for any comments on this. Liba
  • Apologies Liba, but i'm really not sure what you mean. Its not a term i'm familiar with, so it may be an internal process that is only really relevant to your particular organisation
  • Hello Liba,
    There is no 'hard and fast' rule for creating job requisition codes/ID. You have to develop what is useful for your business. However, for the purpose you have detailed, i.e. tracking retention for specific posts, ensure the requisition code is tied or related to the posts for which you want to track retention. e.g. LondonHRMgr-001. This way, you can track retention from date of hire till when the hire leaves the post. Do make sure you define what employee movement factors constitute retention e.g. Promotion, Voluntary termination, Involuntary termination, job change, sabatical leave etc.
    Hope the above helps and good luck
    Felix