The CIPD is leading work on defining what the people profession will look like in the future

Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

27 Mar, 2018 09:41

Hi everyone

The CIPD is leading work on defining what the people profession will look like in the future. We're currently gathering views on what the role of HR, L&D and OD in organisations is likely to look like over the next 3-5 years. Please help us with this research by following the link to submit your opinion and see the comments made by others – this will take no more than 5 mins of your time. If you have any initial thoughts you want to share on the subject below, please feel free also!

https://cipd.crowdoscope.com/app/future-of-hr-function

• 3-5 years is a very short window for significant changes to happen in any profession including (especially?) one involving people who take far longer to evolve...
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

27 Mar, 2018 10:07

In reply to Keith:

...guess this is about the 'not too distant' future Keith. I'll ask my colleagues who are working on the project to join the conversation.
  • In reply to Johanna:

Thanks I have taken part and like the survey tool.

My experience seems to be that change takes far longer than we expect and even in these transformational times the wold of work hasn't yet changed as radically as many "futurologists" said it would. So HR will (for me ) undoubtedly change just less radically and over a longer time window than perhaps many think.

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

27 Mar, 2018 10:16

In reply to Keith:

Thanks Keith, yes the tool looks great I was thinking the same thing. I tend to agree with you although sometimes the 'early adopters' trick you into thinking everyone's doing it ;)
  • In reply to Keith:

Hi Keith - thank you for taking part in the survey. In our project team at CIPD we talked about what would be a realistic time period for our research into the Future of HR, and settled on 3 to 5 years as it is not too far away for people to think about and relate to. Thanks also for your feedback, Keith.
    Sandra Madigan
    CIPD
    Future of HR Research Project team