Benchmarking data for sick pay, redundancy pay, maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave

We are currently looking at our terms and conditions between 2 recently acquired UK companies. Does anyone know where I could find surveys giving me information on the "average" entitlements and payment for our size of company, in our geographical location, and in our industry for the following:

* Sick pay

* Maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental pay and entitlements

* Redundancy pay

I know such detailed data exist for salary benchmarking, but I can't seem to find anything similar for these areas.

Thank you.

• I have not seen benchmarking either on these types of payments. I would work with the premise of using UK Statutory entitlements (go to GOV.uk) - then ask the question again of your network around anyone paying more / doing anything different to the Statutory Payments in the UK.
  • Hello Melinda,

You will find detailed benchmarking information from companies such as Mercer, Aon, Korn Ferry, Hays, and a few more however you have to be prepared to pay for their services.

It might be worth trying local consultancy firms who would offer the same services for less. Some smaller firms have x-employees of these larger consultancy groups and they bring their experience and expertise with them.

Companies like Hays which specialize in recruitment services can offer you benchmarking by interviewing candidates from similar industries and geographical locations as your organization, you could do this in the house if you have the resources for it.