How to Benchmark Employee engagement

Hi Everyone, 

I'm currently looking to benchmark our staff survey results against the staff engagement index but thought I would ask here for some guidance as to how this could be done and any resources that may be helpful to begin this. Any help would be very much appreciated. Even some information as to where I can find information on the staff engagement index. Also any help on organisations that have published their staff surveys in order for me to create some benchmarking. Thank you everyone!

• Welcome to the communities.

My view is that unless you used the same survey then any benchmarking would be pretty pointless from a statistical point of view. If you used a reputable survey then they should provide you with benchmarks etc.

We changed survey a few years ago and our scores moved quite drastically in some areas just because we were asking different questions.
  • I suggest to do your original work : list down factors affecting the Engagement drivers in employee lifecycle beginning from recruitment till exit and post exit feedback,
  • Welcome to the community Rajvir.

It might help if you give us an idea of how many staff you are talking about. 20? 200 or 2000+
  • Hi Rajvir,
    One way to benchmark your staff survey results against the staff engagement index is to compare the results of your survey with the results of the engagement index depending on the number of employees you're have. This can be done by comparing the survey results to the average scores of the index. You can also compare your results to the index scores to identify areas where your organization may need to improve.

There are several resources available online that can provide information on the staff engagement index. The Engagement Institute provides an online benchmarking tool that compares survey results to the engagement index. The tool can be used to identify areas of improvement and to set goals for improvement.

Still, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) offers a variety of resources, including a guide to the staff engagement index and benchmarking tools, to help organizations understand and improve their staff engagement scores.

you may also want to consider hiring a consultant or expert to help analyse the data from your survey and the staff engagement index.