Preparing for Professional discussion

Hello, I have my professional discussion coming up for level 5 associate member and I am extremely nervous. Would anyone kindly be able to provide some pointers and guidance on what I should expect and the areas I should prepare in? Thanks in advance 

• Hi Hasina,

Good Luck for your professional discussion. I had mine today for Chartered Member and I was nervous as well but tbh it went well from my point of view and I enjoyed talking to my assessor.

My assessor made me feel relaxed from the start which helped to keep the nerves under control.

Few Tips:
    * Read through your submissions and be ready to talk about your impact
    * Refer back to membership standard that you are applying for and understand what the assessor would be looking for so you can highlight these.
    * You can use your notes and look at any resources to help you during the call.
    * I was worried that it will be like an interview but it was more of a discussion with an HR professional talking about my experience and industry in general.

There is nothing to be nervous about as all you need to share is what you have done over the years so it will be easy.

Good Luck and feel free to message me if there is anything I can do to help.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

21 Jun, 2023 07:25

In reply to Smritee:

Many thanks for sharing these tips, Smritee.

• In reply to Smritee:

Hi Smritee,

Thank you for your message, those are really great tips. I also had my discussion and you are right it was a lot less nerve raking then I had imagined it would be. Now just the 6 weeks wait to find out if all went well. Wishing you the best of luck.
  • In reply to Smritee:

Hi Hasina, thank you for these tips, I am also preparing for my professional discussion in a couple of days. Its really helpful to know that it not as bad as I have been thinking. I will focus on preparing accordingly.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

25 Jun, 2023 06:16

In reply to Ndifreke:

Good luck, Hasina and Ndifreke... and welcome to our Community.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Thank you Steve
  • In reply to Smritee:

Great tips Smritee, I am planning to enroll and browsing through the queries to prepare myself. These tips are good to help me with my decision.