MCIPD Experience Assessment May 2021 start

Hi All

Okay, so I have taken the leap of faith and started my experience assessment.

In the same way as other people, is there anybody that wants to buddy up, or give me some support, that would be great.

I have been managing a team of people for the last 7 years, but reading through everything, I am having some doubts on my ability. I am sure that it is normal, and also a little to do with hormones (I am on maternity leave, and my little boy is 10 weeks old).

Would be great to chat to people about the process, how they found it, the discussion etc.

Claire

• Hi Claire, I’ve recently just done mine and am awaiting my results. I have two children 4 & 2 and found it a challenge so hats off to you with a newborn!

I’m happy to share some tips
    1. Write everything in word. I copied all the questions into word and typed my answers and once I was happy I copied and pasted into the portal
    2. I read through all the questions and scribbled in high level ideas of examples I could use.
    3. I did pay for the coaching, it’s £125 per hour but once I had some draft answers it was really useful to talk through them with someone who is experienced at assessing the work
    4. Plan out your time and break the questions into manageable chunks to work through
    5. Refer to the CIPD framework to make sure you’re on track with what’s expected at chartered level

Happy to discuss further if you like
    Steph
  • In reply to Stephanie:

Hi Stephanie - many thanks for these tips. Similar to Claire, i just started with this journey as well. Hi Claire - thanks for this post, would you like to buddy up?
  • In reply to Myrene Barcebal:

Hi Myrene, How are you getting on? I started last week. Rachel
  • In reply to Stephanie:

Hi I have just started an EA for chartered membership. Could you please tell me how you arranged the coaching ? Was that £125 ph through CIPD ?
    Thanks in advance
    Amanda
  • In reply to Amanda Hope:

Yes, I emailed the EA Support email address and they set it up for me.
  • In reply to Stephanie:

Many thanks, I may do the same