Experience Assessment - Chartered

Hi there, After several years of putting it off I’ve finally committed to start the Chartered level Experience Assessment. I’m a generalist and work in a consultancy capacity for smaller business. Prior to that, an in-house HR manager. I wonder if there are members on the same journey who wanted to join a study group? Others who would consider sharing their experiences? Rebecca
  • In reply to Claire:

Hi Claire,

Thanks. Yes sure, I would certainly advise to keep the focus on "I" and not "We" when quoting examples. The center of attention is "You" during this assessment, as in what particularly did you executed/ achieved and what the impact was.

Allocate sufficient time. It takes longer than you expect (at least it did for me).

Make sure your nominees (stakeholders nominees) are on top of things. I had to chase one of the nominee for submission. :D

Feel free to reach out if you would need any support.

Good luck!

ID
  • In reply to Imran Dawood:

Leah, sorry missed out on the PD part. It took us under 2 hours with a 10 mins break in b/w.

I guess it shall really depends on your assessor and how the discussion pans out.
  • Hi Rebecca, Claire and Imran, my name is Stephanie and I can't explain how delighted and relieved I am to find this CIPD Community discussion group thread for the Chartered level EA route. I too have taken several years to get around to embarking on this journey and I'm almost a week in and feel out of my depth despite having a number of years generalist HR experience under my belt. I just can't get my head around the best approach to some of the questions in order to collate my examples - I have only just started tackling the Knowledge & Impact report Q1! I'd be so grateful to join a study group to both gain support and give some in return to others. I have never used a community group before - is this the best way to keep the conversation going, or is the study group offline? Thanks very much and I hope to hear from you soon. p.s very well done on your achievement Imran!

Hi Iman

Can I ask a question as Im tying myself up in a few knots. In the Candidate Guidance Pack they kindly give some examples as to how to structure the impact for your answers in the Knowledge and Impact report.

Did you use this template to also answer the behaviour questions?

Thanks
    Leah
  • In reply to Leah:

Leah, that is a very good question. I would say yes, use that as I didn't (I did but occassionaly) and the feedback report I received, did mention that in some way or at least I could deduct that probably that is what is being mentioned.
  • In reply to Stephanie:

Thanks, Stephanie.

Thanks Imran for coming back so quickly. Good to know.
    Leah
  • In reply to Claire:

Hi Claire,

How are you getting on? I would like to join a group too! my email is jen_pugh@hotmail.co.uk

Take care
    Jenny
  • In reply to Jenny Stockton-Pugh:

Hi Jenny

Just sent you a response to your email :)

Hi Leah

Re: a zoom call...I'm so sorry we haven't got round to organising this yet. I'd be happy to have one Or/and we could set up a WhatsApp group?

I've just tried to send you an email but I got a bounce back from the one on your previous post...my email is clairepurdie@hotmail.com

Speak soon,
    Claire
  • In reply to Claire:

Jenny / Claire - when would be a good time - Thursday or Friday 11 am and I'll set it up.

Best regards
    Leah
  • In reply to Leah:

Hi Leah

I can currently do Thursday at 11am but not Friday.

Best wishes
    Claire

Congratulations Imran
  • Hi Rebecca, I thought it was just me who put this off. Having achieved associate level in 2012 - I decide in the middle of a global pandemic to re-join CIPD forum and start the chartered level assessment!! I'm just creating a CV for submission so you're probably way ahead of me. I would value any tips or involvement in support groups please :)

My role is in public sector at senior management level, so I don't work in a traditional HR function. Our HR support is remote from our building and I therefore self serve many of my teams Employee relations needs.
  • In reply to Karen:

Hi Karen, I just started my chartership yesterday! When did you start? Also looking for study group :)
  • In reply to Jessica:

Hi Stephanie and Karen

Myself, Leah and Jenny are having a zoom call this morning and I am in contact with Jess too. If you’d like to drop me an email I can include you in the group communications? My email is clairepurdie@hotmail.com

I’ve completed my submission now but happy to help if I can!

Speak soon,
    Claire