Experience Assessment - Guidance Required

Dear CIPD Colleagues,

I am currently working on my experience assessment to become a Chartered Member and i am very excited about this importnat milestone in my professional life. So far, I have finished the self assessment, Impact Report, and one of the colleague assessments.

I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me answer the below questions for my next steps (Case Study and Professional Discussion):

- I read every where that the 2 weeks for case study are really intensive. Is it so insentive that I should be on days off? If not, what would be the average time needed daily to work on the case study? 

- Once I am done and waiting for my professional discussion, what should I do to prepare for it? Is there anything that you recommend I study/read other than the examples I submitted in my impact report and self assessment? 

Thanks in advance for the assistance. 

Rgds,

Fahad

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

20 Dec, 2019 08:39

In reply to Dav:

Hi Davinder - do you mean the links in this post?

They seem to work. Do you get an error message?

www.cipd.co.uk/.../310987
  • Hi Fahad, I successfully gained chartered membership via experience assessment last month! it is a very intense but rewarding experience! well done on getting to the final steps. your questions around the case study.... you don't need an entire 2 weeks off but certainly for myself I did have to be extremely organised and plan. I did take 2 days out during my normal working week to work on the case study (in addition to working on it during some evenings and both weekends. I spent most of my 2 weeks immersing myself in the scenario of the case study and making notes as I went and used this to build my responses and recommendations. For the professional discussion I prepped by making sure I was super familiar with my case study and reasoning as well as going back over everything I had submitted. best of luck with it!
  • In reply to Dav:

Hello Dav, You're the first person I've seen on here specifically in L&D and going through the chartered member experience assessment process. I would love to get a sense of how you found it? I wonder how it is for individuals who are not in core HR. Would you be available to connect?