Submitting fit notes during school closures

Hello all Do you know where it is written that support staff are required to provide fit notes during school closures? Is it more custom and practice ? I have a query where an employee’s fit note expires at the end on this term (23rd July ). Unfortunately prior Conversation leading up to this point have not taken place. Where does this leave the school? Thanks for your support Jennifer
  • Hi Jennifer, i'm not sure exactly what you are asking here? A fit note is required when you move past you 7 day self certificate and is issued by a GP?
  • Hi Jennifer

What does your policy say on the matter?

Ours states that a fit note is only required for the holiday period if they continue to be sick the other side.
  • Hi all -same with us. I have before EOT, reminded staff currently on certified sickness absence that they should provide certificate to cover holiday period if they are unlikely to be fit for work at beginning of new academic year. Our policy though, says emp(ees) should provide certificate throughout their absence incl NWD or could affect their pay.