Queen's Platinum Jubilee - schools

The Queen is celebrating her Platinum Jubilee in 2022 and because of this, the Spring Bank Holiday in 2022 has been moved from Monday 29 May to Thursday 2 June, with an additional Bank Holiday the following day on Friday 3 June.  This means there will be a four-day weekend.  

As this falls in the break between terms 5 and 6, legislation has been passed to allow schools to benefit from an additional day’s holiday.  Our Trust intends to have this day at the end of the summer term.

Does anyone have any advice on how we can manage this for part time staff please?  Originally we thought we would increase TTO staff's pay factor by a day, but now there is an additional day of holiday, this won't work.

Any tips or thought would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Alex

• Hi Alex

If you are a subscriber to the LGA/Employer Link, they will be publishing guidance in due course (developed with the unions I understand) on how to recalculate the TTO payment to account for the additional bank holiday. Apparently it is very complicated (or so I was told on an LGA webinar just this morning!)
  • In reply to Katie Dent:

Thanks Katie, I am a subscriber. I will look out for it.
  • Hi Alex

Our MAT is split across two locations with each opting for a different approach.

Location A is keeping to 190 term time days, so we will be changing paid weeks for affected TTO support staff - easy.

Location B has decided to follow the local authority advice and take the additional day off in term time. At this moment in time, I have asked each academy to give me the day they have allocated the extra day off to and for next academic year, confirm staff that work less than 5 days a week and those that work different hours on different days, so that we can look at pro-rating pay for the extra day for affected TTO support staff - not so easy!

TTO calculations are such a headache!!!!