Leadership training in Schools

Hi, I'm working in HR in an Independent School and want to deliver some training to Heads of Departments. They don't currently 'Line Manage' their teams, and I would like to introduce some workshops to cover Leadership skills. I'm thinking Change Management, Coaching, Absence Management, Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution to start (not all at once obviously!!)

Does anyone have any training resources they could share, or point me in the right direction? I need to start from scratch so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Cheryl

• I can suggest you to take a look at the Oxford Leadership Programme. They have the best resources on the area. I think even if you just take a look at the curriculum it will give you a broad idea.
  • Not sure if you're in an HMC school, but we've been supporting heads of department with the ISQAM programme that they run and I'd highly recommend it. Our staff who have completed level one and level two have really valued it. I've also got a couple of learning resource packs from a training provider called Optimus Education, but I've not really found them as beneficial.
  • We brought ACAS in to run some workshops for our managers - they were really good and we got good feedback from managers.
  • Hi Cheryl, I am an ex Headteacher and have my own consultancy now so will happily help you. Happy to arrange a zoom chat. Email me at npowrie@nadinepowrie.com

Nadine