HR networking group for independent schools in SE, E, S London

Hello

I was wondering if there is a HR networking group for independent primary and secondary schools in SE, E and S London. Our school will be opening in 2020 in West Norwood and it would be great to meet maybe quarterly with (even a small group) of HR practitioners in that field.

In these meetings I'm thinking to share experience, changes in legislation and compliance and generally bounce off ideas.

If anything like this exists - great, I would love to be part of it; and if not please let me know if you'd be interested and I'm happy to organise as soon as we are 3 or more people interested.

• Hi Rachel.
    Very happy to meet with you if you do get anything in place - I'm probably on the boundary of your area (Clapham) but can travel. I attend ISBA events where they are HR focused, and also the group run by Evolve Leadership amongst independent schools (www.strengthsconsultancy.com/.../). Hope that helps.
    Nina
  • In reply to Nina Waters:

Thank you, Nina
    I will have a look at these groups and events as well. Would be great to have a chat and hear from your experience, let's leave this thread open for a week or so to see who else would respond. I'm fairly new to the world of school HR and consulting and a have a great interest in both. Lots to learn though. Speak soon
  • Hi Rachel,

I am hosting a group meeting on Wednesday, sorry it is such short notice but only just seen your thread! We have an active email group which is very supportive and we try and meet a couple of times a year. If you are interested, just let me know. Best wishes,
    Rachael
  • In reply to Rachael:

Oh no Rachael, I have missed it! I was just so snowed under with work that I didn't check my posts. 

• In reply to Rachel Kathrin:

Sorry Rachael, that was sent prematurely. Are you planning on hosting more events in the future? I would love to be part of these. Thanks for reaching out!

Hi I know this post is a little out of date but does the networking group still exist. I work in a independent school in Buckinghamshire?
  • In reply to Hollie:

I would love a get together, should we just start off and then see if anyone wants join in? I would think this is the perfect time and it will be very easy... another zoom meeting? How would a Monday, 25th at 4 pm suit you / and everyone?

Hi both, so sorry not been on in a while! Happy to do a zoom over half term :-)
  • In reply to Rachael:

Hi Rachael, would you pass me on your email address so I can send you an invite? Thank you!
  • In reply to Nina Waters:

Hi Nina, it's been a long time. I will be hosting a zoom meeting next week on Monday or Tuesday. (I've planned for Monday but just now realised it is actually a bank holiday) Please pass me on your email address if you would be interested to join so I can email you an invite.Best wishes :)

nina.waters@emanuel.org.uk
    Look forward to catching up. Nina

Hi Rachel, apologies, it's been a bit manic and I keep forgetting to log in! My email is rachael.titley@millhill.org.uk

Hi Rachel, apologies, it's been a bit manic and I keep forgetting to log in! My email is rachael.titley@millhill.org.uk
  • In reply to Rachael:

Hi Rachael, no worries at all. I know exactly how that is, I'm quite sporadic with all forums and social media. I'm most happy when I manage to keep up with my emails and what's app! Would you mind to email me to rachel.mascia@outlook.com and I will add you to our next zoom call invite. Usually all participants send some questions or issues leading up to the call and that really helps to have some structure.
    Our next call is on the 13th of July at 4 - 5 pm.

Speak soon :)