temporary cleaner covering for sickness absence

I have a member who is employed as a catering assistant, who is temporary covering a cleaner who is off sick, just for a couple of months. Would she be entitled

to holiday pay for the role she is covering as a cleaner?

• If you mean “in addition to” holiday pay for the other job, then no.
    The holiday pay for the period of temporary cover should reflect the average pay over the usual reference period.
  • In reply to Ray:

Hi Ray, she is still doing her role as catering assistant in the day but covering cleaning in the afternoon, for which she submits a timesheet for her hours worked - would she accrue holiday pay for this
  • In reply to Karen:

She has one employer and 2 activities. I would totalise the hours to calculate holiday and holiday pay
  • In reply to Ray:

the thing is in her catering job her holiday entitlement is included in her payment days that she is paid, therefore already included in her wages on a monthly basis, this cleaning was just a few weeks work only
  • In reply to Karen:

Not sure I understand what is actually happening here You indicated that she does one job “in the day” and the other job “in the afternoon”, which I took to mean there were additional hours worked. Is this the case, or is the afternoon work being done in the same working hours as the “day job”?