Training and Conferences for MAT HR

Are there any specific HR training type events/conferences where key issues facing HR in Academies are discussed and experiences shared?

• The Local Government Association run conferences focussed on Education HR which are always good - attended by LA and Academy HR staff. I think you might need to be a member, check out their subscription service for academies: www.local.gov.uk/employer-link. They also do regional training on Teachers' Pay and Conditions
  • The National Employers Organisation for School Teachers' (NEOST) has an annual conference on school workforce issues - which takes place each summer. The dates have not yet been published, as we try to co-ordinate it with the date that the draft STPCD is issued.

It is a paid event, and academies are able to access it a subscription service called Employer Link.

There are other bespoke training sessions available e.g. an introduction or refresher around the STPCD.
  • Thank you for these links. I was actually thinking something less aligned to the LA's, given that Academies/MAT's are independent of them. The organisations within our MAT have been independent of LAs for over 5 years.
  • Hi Jennie
    Browne Jacobson run an excellent HR in Education Conference which is focused on HR issues in MATs. Unfortunately, you’ve just missed it as it was on 5/12 but I would highly recommend it for next time.
    Marianne