School Workforce Census

Hi Everyone

I've run the report from SIMs for the SWFC and find ALL our support staff are coming up as errors and I'm being asked to supply their qualified (teacher) status, and that the post (to which they're attached) is missing or invalid. Obviously they're not teaching staff and never have been, and the post details in the main, haven't changed since the last census last year.

I'm also getting details of supply staff who aren't eligible for the census (and I've unchecked the box to say they're not eligible) showing, and it's asking for ethnicity, NINO, etc.

I shouldn't be getting any of these errors. This is my fifth year of completing the census so I feel I'm pretty well experienced in knowing what should be right. 

Is anyone else experiencing issues with this? I'm hoping it's a glitch in the system as the census is a nightmare without extra hassles.

Thanks in advance.

Dot 

• Hi
    I’m getting quite a few errors too. And not sure why? I’ve just posted a query too. Can I ask are all supply staff (even if they’re at school, every day, for an indefinite amount of time supposed to be out of scope? I think that’s what you mean by not eligible for the census. We have lots of learning support agency staff and I’m not sure if they’re meant to be included or not?

I had a few come up with errors like yours and it’s because the work force census category had changed so I had to go back and change it to the right one again. But I’m using integris so not sure if it’s the same thing.
  • In reply to Jenny:

Hi Jenny
    Thanks for your reply. At least I'm not going mad!
    Can I ask what SWFC category had changed, and what you changed it to?
    For supply staff, if they've been in school very casually and ad hoc you don't need to include them, however, if they have 28 days or more (or are expected to be in school more than 28 days) you need to include them in the return.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks again.
    Dot
  • Hello, sorry to chip in the Support Staff role has been changed to other support staff, from memory this needs to be changed in the salary area
  • In reply to Claire:

Hi Claire
    Thanks for this - I'll give it a try.
    Dot
  • Hello, I have found that they are requiring support staff to be now recorded as 'other support staff' (I'm sure they just make these things up to keep us busy!)
    Ali
  • there is a patch to fix this for SIMS do you have SIMS support? if so request the patch to be sent.
  • Hello Dot

The support staff category has been changed (as others have said), to "other support staff". In order to change the previous post of ‘Support staff’ to the new post of ‘Other Support Staff’ please follow the steps below:

1) Select Tools | Staff | Pay Related, then click the search function which should give you a list of all of your staff service terms and their description. You will need to go into each of these service terms to check if any support staff are present.

2) Start with the first one in your list, and double click.
    Once in that list navigate down to the Posts panel, then Open the applicable SWC Post to display the Edit Post dialog.

3) Select the ‘Other Support Staff’ value from the SWC Post drop-down list.
    Then repeat this for any in your list for this service term and make sure all other service terms have been checked. You will most likely have support staff together in a few service terms however it is worth checking through them all.

4) Once you have changed all of the ‘support staff’ SWC posts to the new ‘Other Support Staff’ you can then rerun the blade and these errors should be drop off.

Hope this helps!