Rolled up Holiday Pay - Term Time Staff

Hello everyone,

I am aware that employers should not roll up holiday pay.  I wondered if there was anyone else from a school that didn't roll their term time workers holiday pay up and how they went about changing the process and, what changes they made to their employment contracts following the change.

Because TT staff get all the school holidays off, I can't see we would fall foul to paying them their holiday instead of them taking the time off and getting the required statutory holiday entitlement, but I am concerned we could fall foul to not following correct procedure.  I can't see how it will work though so would love to hear from anyone who has made changes already.

Thanks,

• Sorry, I may not be following correctly. But as long as TT workers are being paid what they actually work, say 39 wks, plus 5.6 weeks minimum. Then there fine. TT workers are technically unemployed during school closure periods, they are not paid for those weeks in there annual calculation.
  • Sorry, I may not be following correctly. But as long as TT workers are being paid what they actually work, say 39 wks, plus 5.6 weeks minimum. Then there fine. TT workers are technically unemployed during school closure periods, they are not paid for those weeks in there annual calculation.
  • In reply to Gemma Green:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’m in agreement with that also. Only I’ve read conflicting opinions of this on this forum so thought I’d see if anyone was doing anything differently.