Indeed Charging for Recruitment

Has anyone heard from Indeed about charging for use of their website (mandatory sponsoring of adverts or a yearly package fee must be paid or we'll be barred from using Indeed)? I've only ever known Indeed to be a free recruitment forum and I want to make sure our organisation is not being singled out. 

Thanks.

Mel

• Looks like its happening to a few people? uk.trustpilot.com/.../www.indeed.com

Wonder if they think you're a recruitment business?
  • Hi Melanie,

Not heard about this; I know they look to require companies to sponsor job postings in certain circumstances. Could it be your company has hit this?
    indeedemployers.zendesk.com/.../115005931186

"Additionally, Indeed may require certain job listings to be sponsored in order to prevent potential abuse of the free to post system, to protect the quality and standards of the job listings available on Indeed, or to protect or improve our job seeker experience. This may include limiting the number of job listings you are allowed to post at a given time without sponsoring. This requirement may be made in Indeed’s sole discretion.For example, we may require you to sponsor job listings that don't meet our guidelines such as:

identical jobs posted in multiple locations;
    jobs posted with a confidential or generic company name;
    certain commission-only jobs;
    certain jobs posted by staffing agencies or job sites;
    jobs that are not clearly described;
    jobs that Indeed determines may undermine our job seekers' experience; or
    jobs where we believe we need to take measures to protect our job seekers."

If they say it's because of this then your company has been singled out as its their discretion to do this.

If they a moving to a totally paid model for all listings, that's certainly a big change.

Kind regards
    Laura
  • I know Indeed have been moving more towards charging for people using it more frequently - we've had a lot of adverts out recently and have started having to pay for more now. I imagine it is where they think you are abusing the free system or utilising too much.
  • Hi Mel,

Yes I've noticed this. We are asked to 'sponsor' a job for a fee which will apparently get more hits, be higher up on the website etc., We do still have the option to advertise for free though.

Thanks,
  • We are getting a lot of calls from them at the moment. We have advised them that we are not in a position to look at paid recruitment activities and won't be for a while, but they are completely relentless in their constant communications.
    I have pushed back so we are just continuing to use the free service as we have no issues in recruiting suitable candidates using that service.
  • HI Melanie
    At my previous place of work we had a meeting with an Indeed Rep and they were moving to have us pay to use the site. The reason given was that too many managers had registered to advertise jobs (even though recruitment was meant to go through only 2 people) and also the volume of jobs that was being advertised, it was a hotel so always lots of recruitment.
    If you are just using it occasionally with a limited number of users from the same Company then as far as I am aware it is still free.
    Tracey