CIPD level 5 - what are people's thoughts?

Hi all

I am currently trying to decide if I should start a CIPD level 5 course.  I have worked in management and HR for a good while now, I have a good job with no signs of anything changing.  So my question is, is there a day to day benefit in studying for my CIPD level 5 or is it more for people looking to improve their HR qualifications and look for a better role?

I wouldn't consider myself a strong academic type, I am better face to face than I am on paper, if that makes sense.  I don't want to start something that will have limited benefits but possibly increased stress.

Thank you for any thoughts or opinions!

• I studied my level 5 and I found it helped me understand the reasoning/theory behind some areas of practice and if nothing else it gave me a confidence boost in what I was doing as I had the knowledge/understanding to back up my thought process.

The company I studied through, often allowed people to come in to observe the sessions to see if it was suitable for them, which I always thought was very good. It's worth giving the providers a call to talk through your options and see if this is something they offer to help you decide if it's right for you or not.