Food hygiene certification in schools

Hi all,

I've recently started in a new role in a Multi Academy Trust and have taken over the L&D part for the interim until they appoint someone permanently. 

I'm just looking in to Food Hygiene certificates and wanted to know if there is any guidance on who needs a FH certification within the school environment and at what level.

Obviously Food technology teachers will need to have FH, but would it just be level 2 or would they need the more in-depth level 3? I know that Food technicians need to have the basic level 2 understanding, but before i book one of our new Food Technology teachers on to a course, I wanted to clarify whether level 2 or 3 would be appropriate. 

I believe our kitchen staff are outsourced and have all up to date certificates.

if any of you have any information or could potentially point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Becky

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

4 Jul, 2018 15:25

Hi Becky... and welcome to the Community.

We had two kitchen-related discussions back in February. This one, started by Sharon ...

If you can't take the heat, get out of the (school) kitchen...

and Dismissal of an unqualified chef - fair or not?

Tagging Aidan who is our bona fide resident HR Chef who may have some insight.