Spring term 2018 resignation - Teachers

Hi all, 

One of my clients has a teacher who is on maternity leave but has now resigned. I am sure the teacher is leaving teaching and not joining another School, therefore, should the end date still be 30th April even though that's the start of the Easter break? I would think yes. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

Regards 

Lily 

• Hi Lily

Where any teacher resigns at the end of the spring term and is leaving teaching, we would expect the teacher to be available for work up to 30th April. In some circumstances, however, we might agree to the teacher leaving at the end of the spring term, by mutual agreement. So for example this year our Easter Holiday is 30th March to 16th April - so we might negotiate a finish date of 30th March rather than have the teacher return after the holidays and work until 30th April.

In your client's case, they do have a very late Easter break starting on 30th April???

Regards
    Elaine
  • In reply to Elaine Snell:

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your reply. Apologies I meant 30th March and not April. My client has now provided me with further information so the above does not apply.