Mentoring support

I am considering a mentoring process as a potential solution for a disgruntled group of parents in a school community resolving their difficulties with the Headteacher, governors and senior staff.  Mediation feels as though it would be much more constructive than formal complaints procedures which will probably inflame the situation and not help to resolve any difficulties or advance mutual understanding at all.  Does anyone have any experience of such a process and can they suggest a mediator who might help?

• Anne

Speak to the National governance association. They have a consultancy division which used to be headed up by a lady called Claire Collins MBE. She is excellent and has a lot of skills and experience in this area.

• Hi Anne. Apologies for this late reply and you may have sorted this already. If not, one option for you would be to see if you have a local mediation charity. I don't know where you are based but in my area (Berkshire / Oxfordshire) alongside my workplace mediation work, I work with the local community mediation charity and they do this kind of work. I've been involved myself and can be a far more productive way of approaching issues between staff and parents. I would suggest googling 'mediation charity in [local area]' and see what comes up. Hope this helps, happy to discuss further if you wish. Best regards, Marc.
  • In reply to Marc Reid:

Dear Marc
    The school in question is in High Wycombe so in your area. I am supporting them as a National Leader of Governance. I would be very interested in making direct contact with you please to see what service you may be able to offer. Local googling comes up mainly with mediation for housing or divorce situations which is not what I am looking at. Please can you get in touch directly at anne.sheddick@gmail.com
    Best regards
    Anne