Teacher Recruitment

Hi

Has anyone used anything other than TES to advertise for teaching staff?  I tried e-teach a number of years ago but didn't find it very successful.   I have tried sharing on my Linked In but don't think that's has generated any candidates, we are now publishing our jobs on Twitter but again no candidates. We have just decided to use Indeed, we already use it for operational staff.

Many thanks

Louise

• Hi Louise

We are trying a new site called VocatEd. We haven't had any responses yet but we live in hope!

Have you tried your local Council site? I work at a MAT with 3 primaries and 1 secondary. We always receive a good response for primary vacancies. It's not as successful for secondary but it's free at the moment on our local site, so we are taking advantage of it.

Hopefully the DfE will get moving with the national register and we can all soon save thousands on advertising on the TES!
  • Hi Louise. Have you tried any agencies who recruit from abroad? I've had success with this route previously. Drop me an email if you want to discuss. Think we've spoken previously. Kathryn@bowerhr.com
  • When I worked in education we had success advertising with Guardian Jobs.
  • Hi Louise,
    For advertising both teaching and business staff we use TES, Eteach and Indeed.

We've enhanced our career site on each of these sites to attract candidates by including information on school and its ethos etc, the benefits of working at the school, information on the local area as well as attaching all important documents (safeguarding etc). To date we have received a good response from Eteach and TES.
    Nikki
  • TES is definitely preferred choice for teachers. Not had success through any other route. We are going to try Facebook for our next year's cycle though and see how that goes.