Implementing school teachers pay recommendations?

Is anyone working in an Academy willing to share what they intend to do in response to the recommendations of the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document 2017 i.e. will you be implementing the 2% to the Main Pay Scale and if so at points M1 and M6 or across all 6 points? 

We have budgeted 1% but are considering 2% at the min and max as per the recommendations.

Many thanks

Marianne

• Hi

We have our Staffing Committee this evening, but we are going to recommend to them we implement 2% across the board. A lot of the local school in our area are doing the same.

Thanks
  • Many schools are operating differently (I work with many schools). Some are costing up the 2% to see if it feasible but looking more likely to pay the 1%. I have some who are working with other schools locally to agree to the same increment thus ruling out any local competition.
    Some are of course paying the 2% (where this can be afforded). Obviously the unions are pushing for the 2%.

Have you read the Joint Advice on School Teachers’ Pay 2017-18 being sent out by the unions?

I think there is going to be quite a bit of variety this year.
  • In reply to Carol-Anne:

Hi Carol-Anne

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask where your school is based and what was the outcome of your committee meeting?

Thanks

Marianne
  • In reply to Jolene:

Hi Jolene

Many thanks for your reply.

I have read the Joint Advice and agree that there will be a lot of variety.

From my research there seem to be three main options:
    A) Pay 1% across the board
    B) Pay 2% across the Main Pay Scale
    C) Pay 2% at M1 and M6

Thanks again,

Marianne
  • We are looking to do 2% increase on all MPS and 1% on UPS, Leadership and unqualified - however it has not been approved by our Board yet.