HR Software System for a Growing Trust

Good afternoon

I'm wanting to obtain some advice and recommendations with regards to purchasing and implementing a brand new HR system for our growing trust.

I'm currently working with Sims.net (horrendous for HR reporting) and a million spreadsheets!

As our Trust is growing I want to look at a HR system that is going to be efficient, effective and fit for purpose. We currently do payroll in house and use Opera so I'm wanting a stand alone HR system (it would be great if it could link up with Opera but not sure if that is possible).

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Carly 

• In reply to Elaine Snell:

Hi Elaine
    Did you go with Civica? I'd love to find out how you got on and whether it has worked out for you?
    with thanks,
    Leah
  • In reply to Leah Wilkes:

Hi

yes we did and it was not a great experience - we have actually terminated the contract. The system is absolutely not suitable for educational institutions - no matter what the company say. We spent nearly 8 months setting it up and it was just one issue after another - we took a pragmatic approach to back out before we got to the point of no return. I also know of a few other schools that bought it and who have since terminated the contracts due to issues with the system
  • In reply to Lynette:

Hello Lynette,
    What a shame, it seemed like a good fit on paper! Have you now moved onto another system? - hopefully you have something suitable now?

Hi - we haven't at the moment - will be taking some time before we go down this road again - it was an expensive purchase

Hi Leah...if you are in the education sector then have you looked at Arbor?...I saw a demo of their system at the Academies Show in Birmingham at the back end of last year and it looked extremely impressive...I am sure if you spoke to them they could put you in touch with some schools who use it so you can test the water with them?
  • In reply to Lynette:

Hi Lynette,
    We have just awarded PS People. I wonder if you spoke to them at all?
    Best regards.
  • In reply to Sharon O'Ryan:

Hi Sharon

We are just looking at Arbor, have you heard anymore feedback?

Best Wishes

Sarah
  • In reply to Sarah:

Hi Sarah - no further direct feedback but I know from following them on LinkedIn that they now have over 1,000 schools using the platform and the feedback you read there is excellent...hope that helps...
  • In reply to Sharon O'Ryan:

thank you, we had got as far as having had presentations from them to our Trust Board and staff who would implement it and were impressed