Volunteer risk assessment template

Given the changes which the update to KCSIE will bring, does anyone have a template volunteer risk assessment which they use?

I am looking to standardise a volunteer risk assessment across the MAT I work for.

• What exactly will the volunteers be doing?
  • In reply to David Perry:

I am looking to have a fairly generic template so the schools can then take responsibility for identifying the risks and managing them. It will they be able to encompass any duties they may have volunteers assisting with.
    I am looking for a template that will give them the format they will need to carry out the risk assessment effectively.
  • Hi Samantha,

Sorry, I obviously need a coffee...

Are you assessing the risk from the volunteers to the school, or the risk to the volunteers from doing whatever they're doing?
  • In reply to Samantha:

Hi Samantha. I have put together a Volunteer RA form to comply with the KCSIE document which has been QAd by our legal advisors....I could email you a copy
  • In reply to Paula:

That would be fantastic, my email is s.sweet@communityacademiestrust.org

We have created our own but it would very much be worth checking it against what you have included in yours, we have created questions to try and prompt our schools to have clear thought processes to ensure they are making the appropriate decisions in relations to the Enhanced DBS for volunteers.
  • Do you follow Safeguarding in Schools? They do a very good weekly briefing, and shared something on this recently I think - www.safeguardinginschools.co.uk/RAvolunteers
  • In reply to Nina Waters:

Paula would you mind sending me a copy of the template please - [email address removed by moderator]

Much appreciated

• In reply to Sharon :

Hi,

Yes I am subscribed to Andrew Hall's newsletter so I have read his guidance and his recent video about the changes to KCSIE.

Thank you.
  • In reply to Paula:

Hello Paula would it be possible to have a copy of this Volunteer RA? Many thanks. SJ