School CPD management tips?

Hi all

Does anyone use a CPD management system that they are happy with?

Thanks

Nicola

• Nicola, my CPD management system has, since February 1987 consisted of a hand written learning log - currently four lever arch files, 1480 entries and a around a million words.

In my experience the 'system' cannot be organisation-led, it must be driven by the efforts, commitment and desire of individuals.
  • Hi Nicola, are you looking for a template to give you some ideas for your own records, a kind of starter for ten? :-)
  • In reply to Clare Marie:

On the subject of a 'template' my learning log form is one page, and as simple as can be.
  • In reply to Clare Marie:

No some sort of software, we have used excel in the past. We currently use a cloud based system but it isn't agile enough so I have been tasked with finding an alternative. I just mean something to manage the admin, tally the budget and generate reports for inspection.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Mar, 2018 09:47

In reply to Andrew Gibbons:

Any plans to 'digitise' it, Andrew Gibbons?
    1987 - present. Piece of cake ;)
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Mar, 2018 09:48

Is this in a school context then, Nicola?
  • In reply to Andrew Gibbons:

Thanks Andrew but I don't mean individual CPD, its for the school and fab though excel is there are too many demands on the information for it to be good enough!
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Mar, 2018 10:14

In reply to Nicola:

I've added 'school' into the thread title.

So (apologies, I'm a little ignorant of how this works in schools) when you say "CPD" I always think this is led by the individual (as Andrew assumed, too). Are you talking about recording teacher attendance at 'best practice' / training sessions, which is more about checking you are compliant as a school, etc.

Some 'meat on the bones' of your question would be useful, Nicola.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

We have 250 ish staff, support and teachers, the training attended varies from 4 day residential IB courses in Rome, year long NQT mentoring to one hour online Prevent training which is compulsory for all staff. We need to be able to monitor who has done what from both a statutory inspection point of view and from a development framework. We currently use CPD genie but it isn't agile enough, I have been looking at schoolip as it is supposed to integrate with our HRMIS but thought I would ask for others experiences before I go any further. I will make sure any further questions I post are sufficiently meaty and I am sorry for any confusion :)
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Mar, 2018 10:33

In reply to Nicola:

Thanks, Nicola... that changes everything. I had our local primary school in my mind. Obviously a completely different kettle of fish.

Hopefully, someone might be able to help.
  • In reply to Nicola:

Hi Nicola, some options to consider for other potential replies:
    - posting this same question onto the discussion forum for Training Zone for other suggestions (www.trainingzone.co.uk)
    - checking the Personnel Today website for their software buyers guide
    (www.personneltoday.com/buyers-guides/hr-software)
    - there is an annual HR software exhibition every June which you may want to consider, however I do acknowledge you may need an answer more quickly (events.cipd.co.uk/.../)

Good luck :-)
  • Following this thread with interest - I'm reviewing this as part of looking for a system to use for performance management more broadly (including appraisal too) and am currently looking at Lessons Learned (lessonslearned.com/.../) but haven't made a decision as yet.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

I write faster than I type, so the only thing I have in common with JK Rowling is we both write normally typed stuff in free hand.