Connecting with those working in HR in Academy Trusts

Hello all, 

I am a HR officer in an academies trust. The school I am currently at has 150 employees, the second school has 250. 

It would be great to see what other HR individuals are doing within their academies trust/schools. 

I would like to offer more support to the trust, rather than the day to day admin - Is there any projects anyone is currently working on?

I have just started at this academy and have assisted in setting up the SCR, keeping files up to date and dealing with the daily queries which arise. However, I feel like there is much more that could be done. I have previously worked in the private sector therefore, this is my first job within the educational sector. Your inputs are much appreciated.

Would be lovely to connect with anyone who would be interested!

• Hi there

I am currently working as HR Partner in a Trust (we currently have 11 schools, but looking like we may have 14 by next Academic Year!). Prior to working here I worked at an independent Secondary School and then a University, all within the HR Department

Happy to connect if you are still interested and share views?
  • Hi. I'm new to the forum but have been an HR manager for about 3 years in a single MAT. We're considering becoming a trust with 2 primaries so would be happy to connect with others to get information and help about how we move through it.
  • Hi
    I have been working in a secondary Academy High School as HR manager for 4 years. Happy to connect.
  • In reply to Raiela:

Hi, I am a HR Director currently a small MAT of 2 schools (1 secondary and 1 special). I would like to connect. And would be greatful for some advice on TUPE/ Taking on another school and HR's role. Anyone who has gone through this process, it would be great if we could connect and get some insight into the process.
    my email - nasma.katon@searcheducationtrust.com
    Nasma
  • Hi, I work in HR for a group which includes FE and HE colleges and an academy trust, would be very interest to connect with HR staff in the education sector.
  • In reply to Victoria Calvert:

Hi, I am new to the forum too. I work for a Single Academy Trust which will be transitioning to become a Multi Academy Trust as now approved to open a second school. Would be good to connect
  • I work for a multi academy trust of 18 schools, always happy to share practise if that helps, you learn something new in HR in Education evey day!
  • I work as a regional HR Manager in a MAT that currently has 21 schools, going up to at least 25 over the next 9 months or so... happy to connect and help where I can!
  • Hi
    I am a HR Manager for a small MAT in Bolton (1 secondary and 1 primary). I'd be happy to connect and share ideas!

Emma
  • Hello Chelsey

I have worked in the education sector for 14 years and provide support to MAT's. Happy to connect and answer any questions you may have.
  • In reply to Alison Tracy Rowe-Brown:

HI Alison,

Yes please how is best to reach you?

Many thanks,
    Chelsey
  • Hi all,

I too work for a MAT and would very much welcome connection with other HR colleagues working in education.

Jodie
  • Hello,

I relate very much to your situation as I am new to the sector also and am dealing with similar day to day tasks as yourself.

I'd be happy to connect and share experiences and support with any queries.

Chelsey
  • Hi All,
    In the interest of reviving this what are your thoughts on how to start to build a networking facility? Would you want to do it on teams chat, via email, whatsapp?
    What are the thoughts on how this could work?

I am conscious that this has never quite taken off from here but I know how useful networks can be and the fact that in HR in Education there is always something to learn! (whether you have been in it for a short time or long time!) and I can see there has been interest in this especially having the benefit of all being in the same sector.
  • In reply to Samantha:

Hi All!
    I came across this thread last week and have been meaning to message.

I am studying for my Level 3 as I work for the business team of a MAT (12 primary schools). Whereas I have been in the sector for 10 years, I am new to HR. It sounds like everyone has a wealth of knowledge and information here, (especially education related), and I would really appreciate being part of a network to share/support. eg I have been asked to look at aligning the bursar roles and job evaluations and I don't know where to start!

Would it be worth setting up a group email in the first instance and go from there?

I'm rswann@aet.cheshire.sch.uk

Many thanks
    Rachel