All singing, all dancing Payroll / HRIS / SCR in large MAT

Is there such a thing as an all-encompassing HRIS/Payroll/SCR (and let's not forget SWC) system?  I've gone from three systems and a SCR spreadsheet to about six, none of which talk to each other, none of which deliver as they are supposed to, and half of which I can't even get into as the previous HR team all upped and left...

It's very frustrating...!

• If you find one, let me know!

We use Cascade, which provides a reasonably decent payroll and HRIS system I think, but it's still a work in progress on the HRIS side for me. The challenge re SCR will always be the large number of people who don't need to be on your HR system but do need to be on your SCR - and for whom you don't want to pay an annual licence.

There's also the comfort of always having a separate spreadsheet for the SCR that records information at the point of entry, isn't overwritten by an enthusiastic new person and isn't shared beyond a very small group. Or maybe that's just me.
  • In reply to Nina Waters:

We are using SCR Tracker - it seems fiiiiiiine (I've not tried entering anyone onto it yet, so I might amend that comment) but have a payroll system that is (expletive), a system for DBS, a system for Occ Health, an HRIS system that neither I nor my boss can get into, I'm sure there's another one.... it's a MESS
  • We are in the process of moving to IRIS which incorporates data plan payroll SCR attendance ATS census PM casework and training using every hr , might be worth you taking a look
    We have 43 schools and are a large MAT
    Regards
    Melanie
  • In reply to Melanie:

Hi Melanie

By IRIS, do you mean PSP by any chance?
  • In reply to Michelle Gillian Jones:

We use PSP Michelle but I would not recommend it and ideally would like to move.
  • We're in the process of implementing SamPeople. It's still a fairly new HRIS compared to others, but it is built specifically for education. It does not yet have payroll capability but they are working towards something in that regard. We currently use IRIS for payroll and I know our Finance Manager has a lot of issues around that so we will also be looking at that in the next year. My experience with an all-in-one HR/Payroll system is not positive I'm afraid and usually will only be good on one side but not the other..... I've found focussing on HRIS first then Payroll as HR is the main driver feeding into payroll.

Also SamPeople does have a seperate recruitment module which we will be looking at getting shortly as well as another module for SCR is coming shortly. It has self-service portal for employees to help our aim to go paperless. We are nearly at the point of going live with that.
  • In reply to Leela:

We've had a demo from SamPeople, and really really really like the!
  • In reply to Leela:

Leela, how are you finding the customer service side of things with SamPeople?
  • Hi Michelle,

We currently use EveryHR by IRIS, but it isn't perfect. The system does not communicate efficiently with SIMS or with Edupay, our payroll system. I am encountering difficulties partly due to how it was implemented and our procedures, and partly due to glitches in the system. However, EveryHR has SCR, ATS, and compliance features that I find useful. I am still unsure why SCR was maintained in Excel, especially considering that EveryHR was previously used to record details required on SCR for Governors, Casual workers, and others.
    At the moment, we are searching for a system that can communicate with Edupay and SIMS, and it would be fantastic if we could find one. Once we do, we will need to adjust our procedures slightly.
  • Hi Michelle,

I was about to post regarding this same issue and came across your post. I wonder if you have managed implement a HRIS system that works?

We have exactly the same issue with systems that do not read.
    We have SAM which writes into our MIS Bromcom but does not right back from Bromcom. (Absence only). We are looking into SAM people at the moment but the customer services is really poor.
    We use TES ATS.
    Bromcom to run SWC.
    We outsource our Payroll services.
    We use Sign in Central (Previously known as SCR tracker) for SCR and we get very good feedback from Heads and we got an Ofsted outstanding in one of our schools recently and the inspector was impressed with this system.
    We also also School IP for Probation/ Appraisal and requesting CPD. This reads names from Bromcom but that's about it.

As with all these system - there is a lot of duplicating and can be time consuming.

I have not yet managed to draft a project proposal and wondered if anyone had a template they can share that would help me sketch out some ideas on how i could approach this with my CEO given this would be a costly system. You can email directly at nasma.katon@searcheducationtrust.com

Many thanks for any advice or assistance in advance

Nasma