Small independent school - sharing good practice

Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening (or whenever your eyes may befall this discussion!)

I'm currently developing and improving the HR practices within a small independent school. To support this journey I'm keen to liaise with other HR practitioners within the education sector. 

Please do reach out if this could be of any interest to you and your school. 

Many Thanks

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

15 Nov, 2022 10:37

Hi Verity... and welcome to the Community.

You've come to the right place - and a place where others are connecting - e.g. in a MAT context.

I'll tweak the title of your post so others see this relates to small independent schools.

• Hi Verity,
    I work in a similar school, and value the HR networks in education - so I'd be very happy to be in touch. ISBA are a good resource, and have their HR Conference this week, in case that's helpful.
    Thanks Nina
  • Hi. I also work in a small independent school, also a registered charity with a Christian focus. Happy to connect and chat, we are also in a similar position of reviewing HR practices.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

22 Nov, 2022 15:22

In reply to Laura:

Welcome to the Community, Laura.
  • Hi Nina, I work as a HR admin for a special school.please let me know in future if there is any workshops which would be helpful for me to improve my knowledge.
  • In reply to JANARDHAN:

Dear Colleagues I started working in a special needs school in September 2022 so would be happy to join your forum to share could practice.
  • In reply to Carole Taplin:

That should read 'good'
  • Hi Verity
    I work in an independent SEMH, happy to connect and share good practice.
  • Hi Verity,
    I work in an independent school, we have two schools c. 250 employees so happy to chat. You can find me on linkedin as well, happy to dm you my work email as well.
  • Hi Verity.
    I started work in a dual site special school in February and would be keen to join any forums or groups to share knowledge, understanding and good practice. This is my first HR role in the education sector.
    Thanks Hazel
  • Hi Verity,

I recently started in education sector. Happy to connect and and share insights to help us all thrive in our roles. www.linkedin.com/.../ is my LinkedIn profile.

BR,
    Aloysious mark Antony
  • Hi Verity, I am currently working as HR Officer in a federation of 3 small schools and studying towards my Level 5 CIPD, would definitely be up for being part of this. Thank you!
  • In reply to Lucy:

Hi Lucy if you would like to join a small network of HR practitioner in schools then please contact Rachel Swann rswann@aet.cheshire.sch.uk and she will add you to our distribution list. She has given me permission to share her email address. Best wishes Carole Taplin