School Based (Yr 9 +) Volunteer Mentoring

Hello - I work for a charity called MCR Pathways - which works in schools to provide mentors for disadvantaged or care experienced young people. 

We have a strong footprint in Scottish schools, and within the last year or so have started programmes in 11 Herts schools and 6 Surrey schools, and looking to expand.

In my role I am looking to connect with organisations primarily with staff/operations in Herts or Surrey to partner with them to offer mentoring as a volunteering opportunity. This is an opportunity with a huge social purpose and local impact in the community where the schools are based.

It also needs a progressive employer approach to mentoring as it requires an hour per week during term time, which as is proven is offset by higher productivity and engagement of the staff involved.

Any community members work for employers who would embrace this?

Thanks in advance for any connections!

Peter

• I'm not the contact you need I'm afraid, as I'm a school employee (but very much in support of what you're providing). In Surrey, where I work, I'd probably target the Unilever/Samsung type of large employer, who are more likely to have strong CSR programmes.

Good luck.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

12 Apr, 2023 07:58

Hi Peter - have you posted this on the CIPD Member group on LinkedIn? Probably more appropriate there.