DBS Online Checker

Just to clarify at the very start, I am the HR Manager at an Air Ambulance, however I am hoping that the best chance of getting help with my query might come from the administrative processes within schools/academies. 

We have a range of staff members that require DBS certificates as part of their role, and more specifically our Doctors and Paramedics require Enhanced Barring Checks to deal with critically ill patients within our communities. As we are a 24/7 medical service, and also our medical teams also do work within NHS Trusts when they are not on our aircraft, getting them pinned down to reproduce a new certificate every three years is not an easy challenge. The three year review is part of our compliance checking and has helped us with evidence constant assessment of staff under the Care Quality Commission.

We have been looking at the Online Checker for some time now, however want to try and get feedback from anyone who has/is using the checker as part of their compliance needs. The Online Checker seems to do everything that we want, by doing an instant check there and then, but as we have limited experience we are in the 'it's almost too good to be true' camp.

If anyone would be willing to just have a 10/15 minute phone call about their experience of the Online Checker, I would be very grateful as it looks to be a more efficient and cost saving way of reviewing the Barring Lists on a regular basis.

• Hi Michael,

I'd be happy to have a call on this, and see if I can help. I work in a school environment, so our compliance processes will be different but definitely involve DBS and barred list checks. Our main office line is 01372 842509 - just ask to be put through to Nina Waters.
    Thanks,

Nina