DfE Prohibition Checks

Afternoon all

Has anybody seen the changes to the DfE website in terms of teacher checking? As you are required to carry out prohibition checks for anybody carrying out 'teaching work' (e.g. TAs, unqualified teachers, tutors etc.), I am concerned that the information we can now obtain isn't as comprehensive as previously if we can't search for individuals as we could before, and have to use a TRN for detailed information.

The new site asks you to input surname and date of both, but using my own data for an example, I just get a message that there is no record found. I am hoping that this just means that if I was prohibited there would be a record found, but can anybody confirm?

Thanks

Katie

• I can’t confirm but have the same query as you. I have entered the name and date of birth and have had the same message ‘there is no record found’. Previously, when accessing the spreadsheet, it was labelled ‘teachers and others prohibited’. I have had no option but to carry out the search and assume that this is all I can do currently as I am unable to find any further information.
  • In reply to Amanda Cherry:

You can skip the TRN entry bit and proceed without. It will work for those without.