Maternity - Keeping In Touch (KIT) Days - ROI

I was hoping to gain some insight, I work for a global Medical Devices company and I know in Ireland that we do not need to offer KIT for ladies on maternity but it would be useful to know if larger global organisation still do offer it to their employees? 

• Hi Emman

It appears that we don’t have anyone in the forums at the moment who works for a global organisation with offices in Ireland.

Does the CIPD have a branch meeting near you where you could meet fellow professionals to find out what they do or could you approach some other multi-nationals from different, non-competing sectors directly to see if they would be willing to share information with you?

Another thing you could try would be to make contact with your UK operating company to find out whether they see KIT days as beneficial. If they have a large enough number for statistical analysis, you might be able to get figures on how many women take KIT days and whether there is any correlation with retaining the employee and perceived ease of re-entry. Your own company may find data from another part of your organisation more persuasive.