Statutory Training- Ireland (and UK) employees

Hello all!

Noting the distinction between mandatory (required by the employer) and statutory (required by law) employee training, can I ask which trainings would be legally required upon onboarding for employees in Ireland?  The sector is Tech and many work in a hybrid/ remote setting.

I'm looking to answer the same question as well for UK employees which I will post in the UK discussion forum in case it doesn't pop up here.

Many thanks in advance,

• Hi April,
    Do you have anyone to advise you on Health and Safety? It sounds like you work in a low risk environment but you still need a competent person to advise on Health and Safety. If your company doesn't have one and no one internal has the skills and experience then you may need to look externally. They can then risk assess your company and advise on training requirements. I would suggest DSE to start off with for tech, also possibly slips, trips and falls and manual handling but without knowing more information I don't think anyone here can give you a definitive answer.

www.hse.gov.uk/.../competentperson.htm

For Ireland you might want to start here:

https://hsalearning.ie/mod/page/view.php?id=45

• In reply to Elizabeth:

This is perfect, Elizabeth and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your reply. Best,