Affordable mid-term accommodation for international secondees in London

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could share details of affordable mid-term accommodation providers, as we are currently looking for such accommodation (ca. £50 per night per person) for our international secondees in London.

Many thanks

• Hi Katrina

Outside university term times, halls of residence such as London Uni and the LSE and Kings College are worth looking at, but even with them for en suite single or double rooms you can nearly double the figure you have in mind.

£50 a head a night in London won't buy much except a dorm-type bed in a hostel. Generator in north Bloomsbury is said to be okay but sure there are many more. There's London Hostels Association for example too

And of course own initiative / diy approach - AirBnB

(Talking Central London here - sure suburbs / close towns are a lot cheaper, but of them afraid I know nothing)

• Hi Katrina,

In a previous role, we as a Company rented a flat close to the office and used this instead of hotel accommodation for our international visitors. This was mainly short term business trips rather than international secondees but we worked out that it was cheaper than hotels.

It was a 2 bedroom apartment so we did have to be careful that we weren't housing 2 people together who may be uncomfortable sharing and we also tried not to mix female and male at the same time.

Of course renting accommodation is expensive in London so this is still unlikely to get you in your £50 per night budget but might be an option worth considering.

Hope this helps.
  • I am afraid your budget is probably unrealistic for anything other than multiple occupancy accommodation (ie a room in a shared house)  is some of the more "up and coming" parts of our capitol. Are you looking for meals to come from that budget as well? For students/graduates you might find suitable but for say Middle Managers it probably wouldn't be

Commuting in is an option (as so many people in London do) but then you are paying 20-30 a day train fares as well

Think you may  need to revisit your budget - or see is any of your staff want to put up these guests