VISA's for US employees working in the UK

Hi Everyone 

My company has just been acquired by an American software house, much to everyone's surprise. I've been given the task of arranging VISA's for US employees to come over to work - that is literally the brief. So I'm starting to look at this issue and thought I would go straight to the professionals first rather than tying myself up in knots on the net - I think that could be easily done!

I'd be grateful if I could get a quick step-by-step process overview. Feel free to make me aware of any issues/obstacles I'll possibly/probably encounter too!

Many TIA!

Polly

• Hi Polly, I'm very rusty on this but at a previous role where we also needed to get visas for US employees I was directed to the services of Ferguson Snell based in London. Rather expensive but they took care of all the various issues. Having checked their website my point of contact appears to have left but the firm are still in business. Hopefully you'll get some other replies from the community and you may also want to consider posting this same question on the discussion forum for HR Zone to spread the net a bit wider. Good luck.
  • In reply to Clare Marie:

I am thinking of contracting this out actually, some good website services about at a cursory glance. Sounds more like it's the way to go, I'll just keep my eye on the process. Thank you very much Claire, appreciate your reply.
  • Hi Polly, most law firms have an immigration department. We used Mishcon de Reya in the past and were happy with their service. Given the constant changes in immigration law it's hard to stay on top of it without support.