letter in Czech Republic

hi I have got to write up a merit letter for the employees based in Czech. few questions here : - do they need to be in English and Czech ? or could it be just in English? - who need to sign it employee or/and manager ? - can it be e-sign ? thank you for the help
  • Ashvini - welcome to the forum.

You might like to explain what a "Merit" letter is. I have no idea.
  • it's a bonus letter
  • In reply to Ashvini:

If its a letter detailing the person's bonus - as in payment, then I'd send it in a language they understand. English or Czech. (there's no point otherwise).

They don't have to 'sign it', assuming they will accept the bonus payment, nor does anyone else.
  • In reply to David Perry:

I would send it in the language they will be most engaged by receiving it in - likely to be Czech. Just because many/most people speak English in many international firms doesn't mean we always have to us eit
  • In reply to Keith:

I did say a language they understood. :-)
  • Hi Ashvini, we have a small team in the Czech Republic but we cover their HR from the UK. For any contractual documents, i.e. contracts of employment, car agreements etc we provide them in a bi-lingual format. For ad hoc letters, salary reviews, bonus etc, we usually provide them in English only, our Czech team have never had an issue with that.