Basic HR policies in Australia and New Zealand

I'm looking for a set of basic statutory-minimum policies for Australia and New Zealand (to adapt to our needs) that I can introduce in our local offices in  Brisbane and Christchurch.

In particular, I am looking for:

1. Disciplinary policy (including the right to be accompanied)

2. Grievance policy

3. Bullying and harassment policy, ED&I policy

4. Flexible working policy

5. Various family leave type policies

6. Annual leave policies

7. Sick leave (and SSP) policy

For some reason, the amount of information available online (especially compared to UK or Ireland) for employer obligations in either country is very poor. A simple google search returns two pages of companies advertising stuff, rather than some accessible resource.

• I've recently moved into a role that is also responsible for a small team based in Australia, so it's all new to me but I've been finding most of my information from here: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/

It seems to be the AUS version of ACAS but its helpful and pretty clear so this may be a good place to start to build some basic policies/processes.
  • Hi Juraj and Gemma,

I work for an employer of record and we cover Australia and New Zealand. Take a look at agilitypeo.com/.../peo-in-australia which will have some of info you're wanting for Australia.

I've got a full guide for New Zealand as well which isn't on the website yet, but drop me a PM with your email addresses and I'm happy to email it over.

Kind Regards,
    Scott
  • In reply to Scott Winter:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the link for Australia, that's really helpful. Do you perhaps know of any training providers that do basic employment law training for Australia that can be accessed from the UK?

Thanks,
    Gemma
  • Hi Juraj, the others have already pointed you to Fair Work Aus which is a great resource, but you might also find some of our info on a range of Australian workplace practices useful.

greatplacetowork.com.au/.../

Also, we've just released a new blog on Leading Practices from 2023 Australian GPTW Certified Community, this one relates to First Nations People

greatplacetowork.com.au/.../