EU Time Tracking Law - 1st July 2024

I need some help with the new EU Time Tracking Law

We are a global company and have staff in Denmark, France, Germany and Spain.

I believe due to the new EU Time Tracking Law we need to implement a time tracking system or software for employees to accurately record their working hours.

Does anyone out there have any idea the best way to do this accross different European countries and what the minimum requiremens are?

Many thanks

• My understanding of this is you need to have a basic time and attendance system in place by the 1st July, so people can record their hours of work, breaks and overtime. Records need to be kept by the employer to show compliance. It doesn't sound too dissimilar to what we do for Payroll and HMRC.

Do you not currently have a system for your UK based employees to record their hours of work?
    Can this not be rolled out across the business? Are your employees salaried or hourly paid?
  • We have a time off recording system accross the business but not a daily time-tracking system.

All our staff are salaried and we don't have a time tracking system in the UK.
  • We have a time off recording system accross the business but not a daily time-tracking system.

All our staff are salaried and we don't have a time tracking system in the UK.
  • In reply to Kathryn:

We have a mix of hourly and salary paid employees. Everyone clocks in on a terminal when they come into the building.

What systems do you currently use for recording absence and your payroll?